AW: [HBF] Quelle fuer Brettanomyces-Hefe

Tobias Kandler walaskjalf at gmx.de
Mit Apr 6 15:54:05 CEST 2005

Hallo Marcus,

> Ich bin auf der Suche nach Brettanomyces spp., egal welche, aber
> halt kein
> Lambic-Blend mit Lactos und solchen Viechern.

Du meinst WYEAST 3112 ? Brettanomyces bruxellensis ? Die gibt´s als
isolierte Kultur bei Brouwland im Röhrchen für 12,02 €.

> Ach ja: wo kann man
> Milchsäure-Bakterien bestellen? Delbrückii und Pediococcus gibt
> es auch bei
> Wyeast, aber ich hätte lieber L. brevis.

Dazu folgender Artikel aus dem HBD:

RE the current thread on souring mashes, I checked back to Nov. '96 when
I was looking for info on the Aeonbrau / Head Start Cultures product
called LactoCaps.  The following summarizes the responses I got from
the HBD continuum:
1. LactoCaps are made and sold by Aeonbrau: 706-548-7051
	(Spencer, Jeremy Bergsman, Mark Tumarkin)
	LactoCaps strain: most agree its a lactobacillus but nobody says
	which.  Spencer says it is a brewing strain.  No response from
	the quite busy proprietor Dr. Brian Nummer, author of the article
	in Brewing Techniques in mid-'96 about bacteria cultures in brewing.
2. Lacto capsules sold at health food stores:
	(MB Raines-Casselman, Michael Gerholdt, Rian Rademeyer)
	The strain should be listed on the package.  Several folks told
	me its usually lactobacillus acidophilus.  Rian from
	South Africa said their version contains lactobacillus Rhamnosus
	and Bulgaricus bacteria.  Leaves some question what your caps
	may really contain...
3. Brewing strain?
	MB Raines-Casselman said lactobacillus brevis is, "the appropriate
	strain for souring beer."  I think this differentiates souring
	beer from souring mashes.

a sour mash or wort.  I suspect the LactoCaps strain may be l. brevis.
Anyone know how different these strains are (?) and if either one is
tolerant of hop components?  Are l. brevis and acidophilus both cultured at
100-110F as posted recently?  Several brewers refer to difficulty in
growing both Pediococcus and lacto. brevis strains too.  If you've got
any specific info beyond the above for me, I'd love to read it!  As always,
summary to the HBD will follow as appropriate.

Dave in Indy
Home of the 3-B Brewery, (v.) Ltd.

Vielleicht findet sich in einem Darmregulator-Medikament das passende
Bakterium ? ;-)

Was wird das denn für ein esotherischer Sud, den du da in Planung hast ?

Gruß

Tobias