[HBF] brewing

Hubert Hanghofer hubert at netbeer.org
So Nov 22 18:42:42 CET 2009

Jeff,

15 liters lost!!! -...I feel with you and I'll be with you when you brew
a new batch of that delicious nectar.

I'm very sad about the regression of our mailing lists. I have founded a
German Homebrew Digest in 1997 and it faces the same problems right now.
HBD.ORG was always a main resource of information for me. Of course the
web is always advancing. -That's good but the downside is that we often
lose focus - ...but FOCUS is essential for any further development!

Like you I prefer mailing over online forums. This is not because of
ignorance (all that online portals do a very great job in spreading our
mission) but because of limited time commitment - ...we all have to stay
focused on personal essentials!

But I think (/ hope) if there's a posting at homebrew at hbd.org or
hbf at lists.netbeer.org that levels out above signal to noise ratio and
thus raises attention of some readers - that posting will be forwarded
and spread across networks anyway.

In this regard let me stress my appreciation for the tremendous work
you've done on CAP. I like that beerstyle, I like people that campaign
for beerstyles and I hope to meet you in person soon.

Cheers
Hubert

http://hubert.hanghofer.net
http://netbeer.org